Welcome to GameBefore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READ

4 posters

Go down

READ Empty READ

Post by Cory Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 pm

This is my suggestion, some of you may like it, others won't..

I think instead of going to new RS, go back towards old RS.. Maybe the 474 era or right before the graphics switch.. If you really want this server to stand out, you'll create it more towards RS 2007.. I was looking through runelocus, and out of 10 clicks, I found servers that are the exact same base as the new one Bink has decided to use, and the others are similar.. Why would players want one thats similar to so many others? RS2006 isn't even out yet, and they have like 120,000 members already.. It seems like to me, more people want old than new.. If they want new, they'd probably just go back to playing RS..

It's your choice though Bink.. I just think you really need to consider this before you completely go a long with this new 667 server, or whatever cache it is..

Cory
Adamant Member
Adamant Member

Back to top Go down

READ Empty Re: READ

Post by Ollie Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 am

Fair point. But once you have coded a server around a 317+ Base for the amount of time that Bink has, you can quite easily see why he wants to change. A server at 474 DEOB is great, but there is only a limited amount of things you can code into it, by updating to 667+, the thrill and enjoyment in coding returns, resulting in a much better Server.

Ollie
Ollie
Ollie
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

http://www.gamebefore.net

Back to top Go down

Post by S E A Z Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:45 am

Agreed with ollie Smile
S E A Z
S E A Z
Ingame Admin
Forum Moderator
Ingame AdminForum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:11 am

If someone really wants to code that much, they seriously need to get a 474 DEOB and code all skills to 99% because there is absolutely no way they're getting it completely "perfect", and then do the same with combat, then start on minigames, and also quests.. I love the fact that someone wants to have a thrill with coding and stuff, but having just bosses isn't very exciting and attractive to that many players.. I would rather have limited items down to 474 standards, same with bosses, and also have quests.. Some easy, Some very hard.. Also not have teleports to everyone, having to roam and use teletabs and stuff.. Utilize the WHOLE game map before you decide to switch to something with so much more space and items.. Even then you can start loading higher revisions into the 317 client.. That's just my opinion and I think it would be lovely to have that.. I personally dislike the newer character graphics and npc graphics.. If you really want a player attractive server, you need to make it stand out from the others..

Cory
Adamant Member
Adamant Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bink Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 am

474 servers: Bad graphics, okay its fun , and brign back the memories, but, you CANT play in full screen normally, also you can code everything 99% but, how long you think its gonna take?
Also with the new one, It was before the new models was changed, And this is just REAL RS, not the fake rs (rs now, with the new models)

Also, with this one, epic pking,pvming etc. is possible within one day, thats why ppl play rsps's,

coding nex into 474: Time&fakeness will be the point..
Thats why.
Bink
Bink
Server Owner
Server Owner

http://Www.gamebefore.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 am

Thats not the point of making it 474 though.. A lot of people now come to RSPS for the old way, not the new way.. Like I said before.. 120K rsps people want rs2006 even though its going to be the same leveling as RS was back then.. In the new servers theres so many defence items that PKing is crap because all people do is get into the highest tank gear they can find..

Cory
Adamant Member
Adamant Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down